Parent Tours at Exploring Minds are a great way to observe the Montessori method and our work time in action. You will be able to walk the school grounds, see our classrooms, and garden. The tour is for adults only (2 per family) and is approximately 1 hour to 1.5 hours in length.
- Valley Glen: Tuesdays – Thursdays starting at 9:45 am (Days subject to change some weeks due to school events)
Sherman Oaks: We are not currently holding formal tours at this location at this time. Please view our facility virtual tour here.
To schedule a tour: please contact our Valley Glen campus via email at [email protected]. We do not schedule tours over the phone.
We find that it is very important that you observe the Montessori method in action in order to better understand the philosophy. Please be aware that in the Montessori classroom, the environment plays an important role in the learning process; if that environment is altered or disturbed, the child’s focus and concentration will be lost. For that reason, we ask that on the day of your observation that you do not bring your child/ren with you.While observing keep in mind the following:
- To keep distractions to a minimum during the work-time we ask that you do not interact with the children working on lessons.
- It is prohibited to take pictures or video of students, staff and the classroom.
- Refrain from using your cell phones.
- Hold all questions and concerns until your meeting time at 10:15am with our director.
- Avoid holding conversations with other adults.